Getting Ready for that Itsy Bitsy Bikini!
Author: Shannon Miller
Bathing suit season is right around the corner…and for some of us, it’s already here!
If you’re interested in some easy exercises that can get (and keep) you fitting nicely into your itsy bitsy bikini, you’ve come to the right place! Let this summer see the best of your abs and tush!
Check out these workouts that are ab tested and bikini approved!
Reverse Crunch – this move targets your lower abdominals, otherwise known as “the mommy pooch” that we constantly battle.
- Lie on back with lower legs forming a 90 degree angle with the upper legs.
- Cross lower legs or place side by side.
- Tighten your lower abs and slowly raise your hips a few inches off the floor. Hold.
- Lower and repeat.
Full Body Flutter Kicks – this move really gets that tummy!
- Lie on back with legs straight and arms reaching above head.
- Squeeze your upper and lower abs.
- Flutter your legs up and down without allowing them to touch the floor.
Add a workout for your tush while you rock those abs with these workouts that are core and tush tested, bikini approved!
Single Leg Balance Crunch – Ab/Tush Toner #1
- Place palms on floor, shoulder width apart.
- Place the top of one foot on the ball, then the other.
- Keep your upper body stable and raise your left leg several inches.
- Bring your left knee toward your right elbow, squeezing your upper abs and obliques. Hold.
- Slowly return your left leg to ball. Repeat on other side.
Squat Twist – Ab/Tush Toner #2
- Begin standing. Step forward bending your front leg to a 45 or 90 degree angle.
- Keep your knee directly above your heel.
- Hold ball or light weight in front of you, just under chest, keeping shoulders squeezed back and down.
- Slowly move hands toward your left hip, squeezing your obliques.
- Repeat on other side.