Pilates: Still One Of Our Favorites!
Author: Shannon Miller
With the New Year right around the corner, you might be interested in trying something new – perhaps a new exercise?
There are many exercise crazes that have come and gone over the past few years, but one remains a staple …Pilates.
What has stars like Jennifer Anniston and Madonna hooked on this trendy exercise?
As it turns out, there are several ways that you can benefit from taking up Pilates.*
- Pilates gives you an opportunity to strengthen your core, which consists of your abdominal and spinal muscles.
- Pilates can aid in you learning to better control your posture and alignment.
- Feeling a little stiff? Taking up Pilates may be just the remedy for you, as it can increase your flexibility.
- Pilates can help you to be more mindful of what’s going on with your body – allow you to be more in tune with your physical state.
- Much like yoga, a main focus of Pilates is on breathing. Focusing on breathing can help with stress management and muscle tension.