Quick Slim Down Plan
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Getting ready for that special event?
- A wedding?
If you have about a week, take these tips and slim down in just a few days!
No, don’t starve yourself. Don’t run until you collapse. The fat cells are not going to shrink much between today and the special day, but you can get rid of inflammation due to stress and fluid retention in a relatively short period of time.
- Don’t stress about it. If you are completely consumed with the idea of slimming down, to the point where you are waking up in the night or having trouble focusing, then it is time to calm down. Take a yoga break, schedule a massage, and soak in the tub for a little while. Why? The enemy to slimming down is a stress hormone called Cortisol. When it flows too heavily in your body, the result is weight gain…especially around the middle.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water (pure water) flushes out the system, including perhaps some things along the digestive tract.
- Eat foods with fiber. Fiber rich foods, like beans and broccoli may give you a little gas now, but they will help, along with the water, to flush out fat particles that are hanging around the digestive tract.
- Reduce your sodium. This includes cooking without salt, and not adding salt to your foods. If you eat pre-packaged foods, like soups and tray dinners, try to skip these this week. They are pre-packaged with plenty of sodium that can make you feel bloated. If you usually add salt to your food, or you use a product that has lots of sodium in it, try a dry rub of peppers and garlic instead.
- Have an avocado. Put sliced avocado in your salad or eat it plain. An avocado is very high in potassium, which fights the effects of sodium. And, it is high in monounsaturated fats, making you feel full longer (it’s good for your brain and your heart, too).
- Try a yogurt a day. Yogurt has probiotics that help move things along and keep the digestive tract healthy. Even better? Greek yogurt is lower in sugar, usually, and higher in protein.
- Drink a green tea each day. Plain green tea, sweetened with stevia if necessary, actually speeds metabolism.
- Remember the grapefruit diet? Well, don’t go to the extreme, but you can include a fruit or vegetable high in vitamin C. A recent study at Arizona State University found a correlation between the amount of vitamin C in the blood stream and the body’s ability to burn fat. Blood with higher concentration of Vitamin C tends to have a higher ability to use fat molecules. The food with the highest concentration of Vitamin C is actually bell peppers, so add those to that big salad.
- Consider a highly nutritious shake or smoothie as a meal or snack replacement for a few days. Shakeology is an all-natural super food shake with 23 vitamins and minerals, fiber, and lean protein. In Carrie Harper’s 3 Day Dietary Cleanse, including Shakeology, the average weight loss is 5 pounds in 3 days.
- Like to make your own smoothies at home? Try this smoothie recipe by She Shines Wellness.
- Body By Vi is another shake that tastes AMAZING! All SML Walk-Fit Fans can get a special offer – Sign Up for Body By Vi through Benji Nicks and get a special 5 day starter kit or a shake mixer cup.
Good luck and have fun!