Tone Your Tush
Author: Shannon Miller
With bathing suit season right around the corner, there’s no better time to get your tush into shape.
Sure, as we get older, our body is undoubtedly going to change but that doesn’t mean we don’t have any control over these changes at all. When it comes to the tush, engaging in certain toning exercises gives us the chance to maintain control over our bodies! If your body is going to change, it should be in ways that you want it to!
Check out 3 good exercises for toning your tush:
- Begin from a standing position or Mountain pose. Arms will be stretched above your head. Focus is forward.
- Bend your knees to a 90 degree angle keeping a straight line between your hips and wrists.
- Pull navel toward spine and engage your hips, thighs, and buttocks.
Pigeon with Forward Fold
- Begin in a kneeling position. Pull front leg bent in front of you at a 90 degree angle or less depending on your flexibility and pressure on your knee.
- Back leg extends straight behind you with top of foot on the floor.
- Bend at the hips and fold forward using your arms gently for support. Neck and shoulders are relaxed with eyes gazing down to the floor.
- If you are feeling flexible, place your forehead gently on the floor.
- Begin standing. Shift weight to left leg.
- With arms straight overhead, bend chest forward from the hip sockets to a horizontal position.
- Lift your right leg back into a straight position, stretching heel toward far wall.
- Keep hips square toward floor.
- Keep head neutral with eyes focused on the floor.