Almond-Crusted Tilapia with Pilaf
Author: Shannon Miller
Healthy eating habits continue year-round with unique Sea Best recipes!
Sea Best, a brand of frozen seafood from Beaver Street Fisheries, is offering Americans practical ideas for eating healthy all year long. The brand is providing their customers with chef-developed recipes featuring Sea Best products.
Try these tasty tilapia fillets, crusted with natural sliced almonds and pan-fried to golden perfection. This dish will become a family favorite in your home.
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten
3 cups sliced almonds
4 Sea Best Tilapia Fillets, thawed
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Prepare brown rice according to package directions; set aside.
2. Place the flour, eggs and almonds in three separate shallow bowls.
3. Coat one side of each Sea Best Tilapia Fillet with flour, shake off excess flour. Dip both sides of fish in beaten eggs; press almonds into unfloured side of the fillets.
4. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook fish, almond side down, for about 3 minutes.
- (Watch closely so that the almonds do not burn.)
5. Carefully turn fillets; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. In a bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, parsley, salt, lemon juice and remaining oil.
Serve the tilapia with the rice mixture.
Recipe courtesy Sea Best Seafood