Football Survival Tactics
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
OK, ladies – let’s face it – football season is here and it’s here to stay – for a while. If you aren’t a huge fan of football – and your husband is – you probably aren’t too fond of this fact.
- “What’s the point,” you ask yourself. A bunch of guys throwing around a pigskin slamming into one another – it’s not very glamorous sounding.
- Not to mention, each quarter is only 15 minutes – how can 1 game possibly last 4 hours?!
All very valid points, but the truth of the matter is that football has been around for a very long time and it’s not going anywhere.
So, how can football non-enthusiasts make the best of Football Season?
- Start watching the games. The more you watch, the more you’ll learn and you may find that you can actually enjoy football. Your husband will be quite impressed!
- Make things interesting – pick your husband’s rival team and root for them!
- OR you could play nice and root for your husband’s favorite team.
- Take this opportunity to go shopping! If you are a football fan, you have to play the part, right?! Go buy a team shirt or jersey!
- Plan a gameday menu made up of your family’s favorites – make it a family affair!
- Start guessing which team you think will win whichever game you are watching – this will make the games more exciting.
- Ask your husband about his fantasy football picks. Fantasy football makes each game important and interesting.
- Go to some games around where you live. Bring the whole family and make it a family fun day!