Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians: What’s on the Menu Today?
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Perhaps you are a new lacto-ovo vegetarian and looking for some food option ideas or maybe you are just wondering what the heck it means to be “lacto-ovo” and what a daily menu looks like for such a vegetarian. Whatever your interest, you’ve come to the right place!
It’s a fancy name but really being a lacto-ovo vegetarian just means that you are a vegetarian who eats milk and eggs products. This type of vegetarian is the most common in the Western world.
Check out an average menu for a lacto-ovo vegetarian below:
- An orange
- Pancakes with syrup and butter
- Coffee with milk
- Vegetable soup
- Bagel with cheese
- Spinach salad with mushrooms and dressing
- An apple
- Iced tea
- An omelette: egg whites, green peppers, onions, mozzarella cheese, and vegetable oil
- Brown rice and carrots seasoned with light margarine
- Whole wheat bread with light margarine
- Fig bar cookie
- Tea with honey