Love Yourself, Love Your Body
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Many women struggle with body image issues.
Whether you’re 15 or 51, sometimes it’s hard to accept and love the body that you were given.
We can eat healthy, exercise, maintain a healthy weight, and yet still critique ourselves to no end. That’s just no way to live each day! To help us (women) with this issue of loving our bodies, Margo Maine, Ph.D. (author of Body Wars – Making Peace with Women’s Bodies) compiled a list suitably entitled “20 Ways to Love your Body.” Maine’s advice includes:
- Wear comfortable clothes that you like, that express your personal style, and that feel good to your body.
- Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one.
- Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can enjoy the day.
- Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.
- Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself – without mentioning your appearance. Add to it regularly!