Healthy Baby, Healthy Mommy
Author: Shannon Miller
We all want to have a health and fit pregnancy.
If you were listening to Shannon Miller Lifestyle Radio this morning at 9am on WOKV, you may have heard some great tips that you’d like to learn more about.
St. Vincent’s HealthCare created Seton Center for Women and Infant’s Health just for you. This comprehensive education and support program will meet your special needs during pregnancy, childbirth, and your baby’s first year.
The center provides:
- Prenatal, postnatal, and childbirth education classes
- One-on-one, telephone, and classroom education about caring for your new baby and other parenting issues
- Tours of our Maternity Suites, postpartum unit, and newborn nursery
- Books, DVDs, and other educational materials on prenatal care, childbirth, breast feeding, parenting, and women’s health
- Registered nurses who offer telephone advice on everything from your recovery and care to breastfeeding and newborn care
- Registered nurses who perform free postpartum newborn assessments and health screenings as well as a referral to a pediatrician for any specific problems your baby may have
- Breast feeding pump rentals and sales
- Help contacting community and civic agencies that offer additional support for moms and their children
For more information visit www.jaxhealth.com or directly at http://www.jaxhealth.com/services/womens-services/education/seton-center.aspx