What to Wear When You’re Expecting
Author: Shannon Miller
There are many things that change for a woman during pregnancy. Most obvious are body size and shape.
- how we feel,
- how we walk and balance,
- and of course…how we dress.
Yes, I tried desperately to wear heels into month number eight. I refused to buy low heels that I knew I wouldn’t wear one month later, and couldn’t get away with flip flops at speaking events and dinners.
It didn’t take long for me to realize I was being absurd. Comfort is key, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look great, too!
Does this mean you have to spend a bundle on an entire new wardrobe? Hardly.
Check out some creative tips you can follow in order to save yourself time and money while looking and feeling fabulous!
- Chances are high that you have a good friend or sister who has recently been pregnant. It’s just as fun to borrow maternity clothes as it is to borrow her favorite LBD or skinny jeans, so raid the closets of the ones you love!
- Another closet you should think about raiding? Your husband’s! Try on your hubby’s sweaters and button-down shirts – you could even add these items to your work wardrobe – at least for a few months.
- Of course part of fun during any big life change is shopping. You’re preparing the nursery and focused on baby but don’t forget to get yourself a treat, too. Spend your money on a few key items that can be matched with non pregnancy pieces to create several outfits. I was pregnant in the middle of a Florida summer so, for me it was all about a fantastic tank top that I could layer with cute and comfy sweaters while indoors and kept me cool while out and about.
- Multitask your clothes. I enjoyed Isabella and Oliver wrap dresses that went from a day at work to an evening gala (with a quick change of jewelry and shoes).